With so many hotels, resorts and all-inclusive options to choose from in Playa del Carmen, where everything needed is on one property, why would one choose to rent a vacation home instead? Here we offer you 10 reasons/benefits on why you should consider staying at our vacation home rental, Musa Sirena. You may not get all of what’s provided at a resort, but you will get so much more at far less the cost.
- More and more, large groups are traveling together. Whether it be for wellness and relaxation or family reunions; destination weddings or having extra hands for watching children, extended families and friends are pairing up to travel with each other. Vacation rental homes like Musa Sirena offer great value for the money. It will accommodate a large group (8+ Adults/Kids) for much less than a hotel/resort. It is even very economical for four people. In fact, some hotel rooms are the price of, or more than our nightly rate.
- What does a hotel room generally offer? A room with two beds and an attached bathroom. If you’re lucky, you’ll also get a dorm-room fridge and a tiny coffee maker. The average room size is 325 square feet. What does Musa Sirena offer? It’s a relatively large house/villa with three stories. For a similar price to a single hotel room, you’ll get 3 bedrooms, 4 ½ bathrooms, extra sleeping with a king-size Murphy bed, a living room, a dining room, and a full-size kitchen. And, it has its own yoga/meditation studio.
- While some hotels charge reduced rates during the off-season, this isn’t always the case. With Musa Sirena, we adjust rates and give guests a major price break in exchange for visiting outside of the peak tourist season, or for a longer period like a full-month’s stay. Plan your trip accordingly, and you could stay in our beautiful home with its various accommodations for a fraction of the usual price.
- With multiple bedrooms and living space, guests, children and generations can share common living and dining areas but retreat to their own turf for sleeping and downtime. Consider, too, the benefits of shared space when traveling with friends or extended family. Would you rather spend time as a group relaxing in a living room, dining area, or outdoor patio having a few cocktails and nibbles? Or crowd into someone’s hotel room and play a board game or cards on someone’s bed?
- With our full-size kitchen you can prepare as many meals as you want at far below restaurant and hotel room-service costs. That’s especially important at breakfast, where restaurant prices tend to be much higher than food costs. And you can provide those many snacks a family consumes by purchasing them at the supermarket rather than paying restaurant prices. And our kitchen is stocked with all the dishes, silverware, pots and pans, condiments and more that our guests will need to prepare and serve meals.
- You might think that hotels tend to provide a higher caliber of service: with room service, a Concierge, and front desk help only a phone call away. Musa Sirena has numerous restaurants and private chefs ready to deliver healthy, yummy options for any meal, including breakfast! We have a local chef who will deliver a fresh, healthy and delicious breakfast for an attractive price (you should try this at least once!). We have an on-premise Concierge who will help with your airport transportation, schedule excursions and day trips, recommend restaurants and more. And we have a local Property Manager that can help with/answer any questions related to staying at the home.
- Unlike hotels/resorts, most vacation home rentals are unlikely to offer access to luxury treats like spa treatments and on-site golf courses, pool/beach access, sporting opportunities, and more. But with Musa Sirena, we have a dedicated yoga/meditation room, and we have arrangements with a variety of health/wellness practitioners for services such as massages, breathwork, facials, and a variety of alternative health treatments, and they come to the home to provide the service! Right outside our door is the Championship Hard Rock Golf Course. We have an on-premise swimming pool, and the Playacar beach is just a 5-minute walk from the house. And of course, our Concierge can arrange snorkeling and trips to a cenote, sightseeing trips to the ruins, and lots more.
- Okay, so a hotel/resort has a TV and Wi-Fi. Not to worry, we have four TVs and free Wi-Fi. (So no fighting over what to watch.) Plus, we have a washer and dryer, an outdoor grill, reserved parking, and we are pet-friendly! No need to board your pooch, bring your furry friend along with you. Having a washer and dryer means you do not have to carry dirty clothes back home with you. And you can pack less extra clothing for all travelers for a longer stay. In addition, you’ll find beach towels, pool toys, complimentary toiletries, and other special amenities in the home.
- Musa Sirena as a private home vacation rental offers more peaceful settings. Villas Santa Fe is occupied by a combination of full-time residents and vacationers (travelers, not necessarily tourists). As a gated community, 24/7 security maintains the tranquil ambience of the property. If you are not a fan of thumping techno music, you’ll appreciate the poolside serenity and quiet garden settings. You won’t find your typical pool bars with free-flowing tequila and slurring guests at 3:00 in the afternoon. Musa Sirena provides the ultimate atmosphere for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Another benefit of Musa Sirena is it may help you immerse yourself in the local culture more. Hotels/resorts are simply the place where you can crash after coming back from your outings in Playa del Carmen, a day at the beach or a night out. On the contrary, Musa Sirena adds to your experience so that you do not only enjoy a comfortable stay but also live like a local. We source local products to help the local economy from toiletries to laundry soap, from honey and a variety of spices. Musa Sirena is loaded with whimsical charm (we have a painted mermaid mural!) and personality Staying here will provide you the opportunity to enjoy a more authentic experience instead of being sequestered behind the doors of a hotel. Our Concierge and/or Property Manager can often recommend food and fun off the beaten path if you don’t want to fill up your trip with exclusively tourist attractions.
Granted, we may not have everything a hotel/resort has (daily housecleaning, but then again that gives you your privacy, but it can be arranged if you wish), but we sure provide just as much and even more on a different level (but less expensive). If you’re someone who thrives on routine, you’ll appreciate the resorts that offer the same food day in and day out in the buffet restaurant or at a la carte eateries. While being able to book your tours and purchase hand crafts right at your hotel is convenient, you will save a bundle and find more selection to choose from off the resort. There are no set schedules for mealtimes and no dress codes at Musa Sirena. You don’t have to change and rush out in the morning to make it to the breakfast buffet; pajamas and bedhead are perfectly fine when you’re staying in your own comfy vacation home!
We’ve created our home to be an enjoyable and relaxing place to stay. Today, more and more travelers are coming to understand that by venturing away from hotels and contained all-inclusive resorts, they are much more likely to experience richer and more memorable vacations, especially in a home like Musa Sirena.