Located in Playa del Carmen in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico in the municipality of Solidaridad, Playacar is a beautiful, upscale gated community just south of Playa del Carmen’s main urban area and approximately a 40 minute drive from Cancun. It’s known for its upmarket residential villas, all-inclusive resorts and luxury golf club. But with that said, Playacar retains its quiet and calm ambiance. Playacar has two sections: Phase I is on the oceanfront, and Phase II is next to the golf course with access to the beach via a quick walk of less than 5 minutes. Musa Sirena is part of the Villas Santa Fe in Phase II, offering a wide range of items for visitors to do:
- Beautiful, quiet beach with clear waters and white sand
- A bird sanctuary, home to flamingos, toucans, parrots, and over 60 other feathered species
- Two ancient ruin sites
- Close access (10-minute walk) to spas and an outdoor shopping center
- Convenient access to tour and rental car companies, and money exchange services
- Artisan shops
- From time to time, cultural performances and other family friendly events are held in the plaza’s main square
- Over a dozen restaurants featuring authentic Mexican cuisine and standard North American menus
- Two convenience stores
- There’s even a Starbucks for those who cannot live without!
- A quick 4-minute taxi ride to downtown Playa del Carmen and the 5th Avenue Tourist area
About Playa del Carmen:
Playa del Carmen is a coastal resort town in Mexico, along the Yucatán Peninsula’s Riviera Maya strip of Caribbean shoreline. In the state of Quintana Roo, it’s known for its palm-lined beaches and coral reefs.
Playa del Carmen is known mainly for white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and a laid back bohemian vibe. Not too long ago it was a fishing village but has now become the #1 destination in Mexico. The famous 5th avenue is a pedestrian walkway that runs through town and is lined with shops, restaurants, bars and palm trees with twinkly lights.
Right off the coast, you will find the Meso-American Barrier Reef, the second longest coral reef in the world. It is a wonderland for snorkelers and scuba divers alike.
Plus there are the fascinating Mayan archaeological sites to explore. This jewel on the Mexican Caribbean is one of the most beautiful, energetic, colorful, and vibrant destinations in Mexico.